Five Steps For Getting Started
My Green Doctor is a self-administered program suitable for all types of healthcare clinics, offices, and outpatient centers to save money and lower their environmental impacts. Teaching our patients is a big part of My Green Doctor. The program is a free non-profit service owned by the Florida Medical Association, Tallahassee, Florida, USA.
You will “go green” by adding only five minutes of Green Team business to each regular office staff meeting. We explain what to say and do at each meeting so there is nothing to study. Whether your office meets once a week or once a month, this program will work for you. Most offices save money in the first month. We provide real value to you, your practice, your patients, and your community.
How it works– 5 easy steps:
1. Register: Begin by registering at www.MyGreenDoctor.org. Registration is free, quick, secure, and confidential.
2. Commit to environmental sustainability: Ask the management team of your clinic, office, outpatient center, or department to make this an official policy. Make sustainability one of your core values. Only with this commitment are you likely to succeed!
3. Plan to add five minutes of My Green Doctor business to each regular office staff meeting. Using our “Meeting-by-Meeting Guide” makes this easy. There is nothing for the office manager or leader to prepare or to study.
4. Record each meeting’s progress using our simple Green Team Notes form. Green Team Notes will be your documentation for earning your Green Doctor Office Recognition certificate. Green Team Notes Form
5. Commit to earning the Green Doctor Office Recognition certificate. This attractive certificate will impress your patients and colleagues. Recognition, which is valid for three years, is free to members of our Partnering or Participating professional societies, or $250 to non-members.
Looking for more ideas than found in the Meeting-by-Meeting Guide? We provide seven workbooks with more than 140 Action Steps and Education Steps to choose from:
Workbook 1: Energy Efficiency
Workbook 2: Renewable Energy
Workbook 3: Water Efficiency
Workbook 4: Solid Waste & Recycling
Workbook 5: Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals
Workbook 6: Transportation & Commuting
Workbook 7: Healthy Foods for the Doctor Office
Each Workbook contains:
- An Introduction to the subject of the Workbook.
- Background Information packed with facts, plus web links to more information about the subject.
- An Office Assessment section to guide you in assessing your office’s current performance in preparation for making changes.
- An Improvement Plan listing Action Steps that your office can take for improving your office’s performance.
- The Green Team Notes form that allows you to record your meeting minutes and to keep track of your progress. The Notes form makes it easy to apply to the FMA for your Green Doctor Office Program Recognition. Download the form here.
My Green Doctor is free, secure and saves you money. Have questions? Contact the Editor at [email protected]